Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Warmup for New Book Wednesday

I went into my local comic book store today to pickup the second issue of Brand New Day and a couple of other books I missed out on last week. But I also went into the shop to see if how many Brand New Days would still be on the shelf. Apparently it looks like the sell-out of #546 will be a One and Done kind of thing because there was a huge stack of Spidey 547's looking quite lonely, sitting next to the mass amount of unbought final issues of One More Day.

I won't hide the fact that I, like many other readers of the Web-head were very displeased with the outcome of OMD. Many fan reactions in forums and other blogs were to boycott the book and seems that the fan boy majority have spoken on how they want to read their Spider-Man. No disrespect to the new team doing this BND arc, but you got put in the middle of something that's unfair to you guys and the dedicated readers of the Spider-Man franchise. I know I'm going to catch heat for this, but I'm still buying the book right now to test out Joe Q's theory about bringing in new readers to the Spider-Man franchise. Once my mystery reader has a couple of issues we'll bust this Spidey myth wide open. New book day is right around the corner and I'll be posting reviews within the next few days.

Excelsior Bitches!!!

No comments: